Passover food pr0n!! Whipped up some delicious fried matzah this morning.
It’s a fresh fruit kind of Sunday.
I made you guys some mac ‘n cheese from scratch today. Happy 4th, tumblr!
This one’s for you, Toni. Because your OMG and subsequent demand for recipe upon seeing my delicious, delicious dinner last night made me smile. Here’s my humble made-up recipe (which is totally cheating—I haven’t yet dabbled in making curry from scratch, though I suppose it’s only a matter of time before I do):
- Trader Joe’s thin-cut chicken breast (1 lb)
- Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce (pictured here)
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Rice (your choice; I used jasmine rice)
- Cook rice (if you don’t have a rice cooker and want one, I use and highly recommend this one—it’s pricey but well worth it for the fuzzy logic’s perfect rice)
- Cut chicken into strips and place in prep bowl
- Coat chicken with light covering of flour; continue flouring to taste
- Heat oil or butter in pan
- Once pan heated and greased, add chicken
- Heat chicken until white on all sides
- Add green curry simmer sauce and heat to a boil
- Continue boiling for another 10 minutes, to taste
- Service chicken and sauce over rice
I use about 1 pound of chicken with 1 whole jar of curry simmer sauce.
And that’s it! It’s easy, very fast, and surprisingly delicious. If you guys decide to make it, take pictures and send my way, coolio?
Presenting “Exhibit A”, my lunch. It’s a fry bread taco. Though not a taco in terms of being able to fold the sides up and chow down.
It’s an “open taco”, so the fry bread just sits there and gets smothered by pinto beans and shredded beef and lettuce and diced tomotoes and New Mexico green chile and cheese and sour cream and guacamole.
And did I mention the fry bread? Because FRY BREAD. It is literally one of the best things in life ever, and we need a tweetup here like NOW so the internet can come over and see for itself that I speak truth. Nay, gospel!